Skip to content
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: about 2 dozen ornaments
- Wonderfully scented ornaments for the Christmas tree!
- Mix cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg. Add applesauce a little at a time. The consistency should become like playdough. If the mixture is too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of additional applesauce.
- Roll dough out to a scant 1/4-inch thickness on an ungreased surface. If mixture is sticky, sprinkle working surface with additional cinnamon.
- Use sharp edged cookie cutters to cut shapes as desired. Place on a level surface to dry. Air dry 4 to 5 days. (Ornaments lighten in color as they dry).
- Note: A fine craft or floral wire can be cut in short pieces and bent into a U shape to insert in top of each ornament before drying to serve as a hanger for yarn or ribbon.