Skip to content
Fruit Basket Salad
Cook Time: 9 Hours
Yield: 12 servings
- Fresh fruit with a light glaze! This is an easy make-ahead salad that's perfect for brunch. Vary the fruit with what's in season.
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 6 cup assorted fresh fruit, cut in bite size pieces (suggestions: bananas, apples, grapes, melon, strawberries, peaches, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can pineapple chunks, juice packed (20 ounces)
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- Combine undrained pineapple, oranges and sugar in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 8 hours.
- Drain juice from pineapple and oranges and add water (if necessary) to make 1 cup. Add corn starch and lemon juice to pineapple juice. Transfer to small saucepan.
- Heat to boiling over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat once mixture reaches a boil and thickens. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Place assorted fresh fruit in large bowl. Add pineapple orange mixture. Pour cooled sauce over all and gently mix to coat fruit. Chill 30 minutes or until serving time.