White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies
- Cook Time: 3 Hours, 12 Minutes
- Yield: 36+ cookies, depending on size of cookie cutter
- Decadent gingerbread cookies with a hint of orange flavor, dipped in white chocolate. Time consuming to make - but worth every minute!
- 1 cup cold butter, cut (into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp dark molasses
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 tbsp orange peel
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz white chocolate baking squares
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Whisk molasses, water and egg in a small bowl; set aside.
- If using an electric mixer:
Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, orange peel, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice in large mixing bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Pour molasses mixture over flour; beat with mixer until dough forms.
- If using a food processor:
Place flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, orange peel, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and allspice in food processor; process 10 seconds. Add butter; process until dough resembles coarse meal, about 30 seconds. Pour molasses mixture over flour and process until dough forms. Remove dough from processor.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface. Knead 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer dough to bowl; cover. Chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on baking sheets; bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.
- Melt shortening and white baking chocolate in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate. Place on cooling racks or wax paper to let chocolate harden.