Broccoli Cashew Casserole
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Broccoli, cashews and pasta in a creamy cheese sauce.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 package (8 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup milk
- 1 tsp Onion Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black fine grind
- 3 tbsp butter OR maragarine
- 2 cup (8 ounces) Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in flour. Add milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick and smooth. Add cheese, poppy seeds, onion salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Break the egg into a small bowl; beat with a fork. Stir a small amount of the hot sauce into the beaten egg; then stir egg mixture into remaining sauce.
- Combine cooked linguine, sauce, broccoli and cashews in a large bowl. Transfer to a greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake for 35 minutes.