Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Yield: 3-1/2 dozen
- All your favorite candy flavors in a crisp cookie.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn syrup, light
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup prepared caramel apple dip
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat, butter, sugar and vanilla together in large bowl with electric mixer. Beat in corn syrup and egg yolks. Blend in flour, salt and 1 cup of pecans. If dough seems too soft, cover and chill about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a deep, wide indentation in the center of each cookie with your finger or the end of a wooden spoon. (Make this as large as possible, as the indentation will fill in somewhat while baking).
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Let rest 1 to 2 minutes and then remove to cooling rack. Immediately spoon caramel into cookie centers and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Place chocolate chips in plastic bag and melt in microwave on HIGH until melted, about 45 to 60 seconds. Snip corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over cookies.