- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
Traditional Cuban sandwich. A great flavor combination.
- 1 tbsp Cuban Spice (see recipe)
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 8 each soft Kaiser rolls, split
- 16 slice thinly sliced ham
- 16 slice dill pickle
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 slice Swiss cheese
- 1/2 tbsp pepper, black cracked
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 lb boneless pork loin
- Combine Cuban Spice, cracked black pepper and minced garlic. Rub onto surface of pork roast. Place roast in a covered baking dish. Add water to bottom of pan. Bake at 35°0F for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until roast is cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Using 2 forks, shred pork roast. Stir shredded pork into pan juices.
- To assemble sandwiches: Spread mustard on rolls, top with spiced pork, sliced ham, dill pickles and Swiss cheese. Press sandwiches together lightly.
- Heat large skillet. Add several sandwiches; top with another heavy pan to press sandwiches down. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until roll is toasted. Flip and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until roll is toasted and cheese has melted. Serve immediately or hold in a warm oven.