Creole Sausage and Lentil Soup
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Spicy sausage soup chases the chill away on cool spring days!
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp Minced Onion
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 5 cup water
- 1 lb precooked spicy link sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 can (15 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- Combine lentils, onion, garlic powder, bay leaf and water in 3-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, celery, green pepper and salt; simmer an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Remove bay leaf. Serve hot.