Cheddar Herb Snack Bread
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
Great with some marinara sauce for dipping!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can diced green chilies, drained (4.5 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup very warm water (120 to 130F)
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar diced pimientos, drained (2 ounces)
- 2 envelope yeast, rapid or quick rise
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, herb seasoning, salt and garlic in large bowl. Gradually add water to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese and remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Let dough rest for 10 minutes. Spread or pat batter in greased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with chilies and pimientos. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Serve as strips or squares.
- Topping Variations: Replace chilies and pimientos with halved pimiento-stuffed green olives or thinly sliced salami and sliced green onions.