- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: Makes 4 cups
Use as a dip for fresh fruit or drizzle over ice cream or apple pie.Use as a dip for fresh fruit or drizzle over ice cream or apple pie.
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup corn syrup, light
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat. Add condensed milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a full boil for three minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Serve immediately or keep warm in a slow cooker or fondue pot
- Dip fresh apples, pears, bananas, graham crackers or gingersnaps in the Caramel Sauce
- Recipe tip: Prepare ahead and reheat in microwave. If sauce seems too thick, stir in 1 tablespoon water or milk.