Beer Cheese Soup
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- Smooth and creamy with a mild beer flavor.
- 3 tbsp (divided) corn starch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/2 tsp Thyme Leaf
- 3 cup (12 ounces) shredded Colby OR Co-Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp pepper, white ground
- 2 tbsp butter
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, thyme, white and cayenne pepper; cook until onions are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth, beer and 2 tablespoons corn starch. Mix until corn starch is dissolved. Add corn starch mixture to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add cream.
- Toss cheese with 1 tablespoon corn starch. Gradually add cheese to soup, stirring until melted before adding more cheese. Add hot sauce, if desired
- Serve immediately. Delicious served with Peppered Parmesan Shortbread.