Fresh Berry Shortcakes with White Chocolate Mousse
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 42 Minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- The ultimate combination of fresh berries, two kinds of chocolate and tender shortcake! Truly a decadent dessert!
- 3 tbsp butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cup fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup packaged all-purpose biscuit mix
White Chocolate Mousse
- 6 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- OR 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- White Chocolate Mousse:
Stir white chocolate and 1/2 cup of the cream in a heavy saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted. Transfer chocolate mixture to a large bowl. Cool until mixture begins to thicken. Beat remaining 1 cup cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream and almond or vanilla extract into chocolate mixture. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine biscuit mix, milk, butter, chocolate chips and vanilla until soft dough forms. Drop by 12 spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over shortcakes. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet; cool.
Rinse and trim berries. Slice if desired. Add sugar and vanilla; gently stir. Chill until ready to serve.
- To assemble:
Split shortcakes and place each in a shallow bowl. Top with White Chocolate Mousse and berry sauce. Garnish with a fresh mint leaf, if desired.