Skip to content
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- A creamy blend of cheddar cheese with a hint of cayenne and white pepper. A dish the whole family will enjoy!
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cup (8 ounces) shredded mild chedder cheese
- 1/4 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 2 cup (8 ounces) shredded sharp chedder cheese
- 1-2 cup topping, your choice: corn flakes, garlic croutons, crushed saltine crackers OR crushed cheese crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 3-quart casserole dish or 13 x-9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine corn starch and milk in a medium saucepan. Add salt, pepper and cayenne. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Continue to stir and boil for 1 minute or until very thick.
- Remove from heat. gradually add both cheeses and stir until melted. Add cooked pasta and stir until blended. Pour mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle with desired topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 35 minutes or until brown.