- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4 dozen 2-inch cookies
- Cinnamon's flavor shines in this classic cookie.
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix together butter, shortening and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and beat until mixture is fluffy. Beat in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in the sugar cinnamon mixture; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned, but still soft. (Cookies will puff up at first, then flatten out).