Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Enjoy this apple cake from Food with Flair, a West Des Moines, Iowa catering company. This is one of their most requested desserts!
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cup finely chopped unpeeled apple
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- To make cake: Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour, baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, combine eggs, apples, oil and vanilla. Add mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir just until well mixed. Batter will be thick.
- Pour cake batter into greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- To make Caramel Sauce :
Combine butter, sugars, and evaporated milk in medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil for 1 minute. Add cinnamon and vanilla. Cool.
- Cut cake and serve with caramel sauce. If desired, top with ice cream or whipped topping.