Dill Batter Bread
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
A very tasty yeast bread with no kneading or shaping.
- 1 envelope yeast, rapid or quick rise
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup very warm water (120 to 130F)
- 1/2 tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Mix dry yeast, 1/4 cup flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, dill weed, onion and garlic powders in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine butter or margarine and very warm water in a separate small bowl. Gradually add this to the dry mixture above. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add the cottage cheese, egg, and 1/2 cup of the flour. Beat on high speed 2 minutes. Add remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
- Cover and let sit 10 minutes. Transfer to a well greased 1-1/2 quart casserole. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free area about 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden. Immediately remove bread from casserole. Serve warm, or place on wire rack to cool. If desired, after baking brush with melted butter and a sprinkling of salt.