Creamy Blue Cheese Tortellini
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- A rich and creamy cheese sauce transforms a bag of frozen tortellini into company fare!
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 bag (19-ounces) frozen cheese tortellini, cooked according to package directions
- 1 package (3-ounces) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp minced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped and toasted walnuts, optional
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and red pepper until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in peas and cream cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Add cream, blue cheese, Italian herb seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, white pepper and salt; stir just until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated (do not allow mixture to boil).
- Toss with cooked tortellini. Place in serving bowl. Sprinkle with walnuts, if desired. Serve immediately.
To make a lower calorie version of this very rich sauce, use low fat cream cheese and substitute skim evaporated milk in place of the whipping cream.