- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Chicken with mushroom and wine sauce, ladled over steaming linguine. A quick and satisfying entrée!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound/500 g)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black fine grind
- 3 tbsp olive oil, pure OR olive canola blend
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 tsp basil, sweet
- Cooked linguine (optional)
- Pound chicken pieces to 1/4-inch thickness (place between 2 sheets of waxed paper).
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken; coat with flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, or until done, turning once. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms to skillet. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Mix corn starch, wine, chicken broth, basil and onion powder until well blended; add to mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce over linguine, if desired.