- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Traditional style fajitas.
- 1 medium onion, cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano Leaf
- 2 green OR red bell peppers, cut into julienne strips
- 8 (6-8 inch ) tortillas, warmed
- 1 lb (500 grams) chicken breast tenders
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, onion, and pepper; stir fry until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp and tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in oregano, garlic salt, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Fill warm tortillas with chicken mixture. If desired, garnish with avocado, cilantro, and lime wedges.
One pound of skirt steak or flank steak may be substituted for the chicken.