Caramel Glazed Apple Pie
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
Traditional apple pie with a luscious caramel topping.
- Pastry for double crust pie
- 8 cup peeled and sliced cooking apples (about 4 to 6 large)
- 1/3 cup corn syrup, dark
- 3 tbsp butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp corn syrup, dark
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fit one pie crust into bottom of 9-inch pie pan. Add apples. Combine corn syrup, butter, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Pour over apples. Top with second crust, fold edges under, seal and flute.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until crust is browned and apples are tender. Combine all Caramel Glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Dollop over pie and carefully spread over crust. Bake 10 minutes or until topping is bubbly.
Place a shallow pan under pie to catch any drips.