Skip to content
Brandied Apple Cobbler Recipe
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Warm apple cobbler fresh from the oven, topped with ice cream or whipped cream - a classic fall treat!
- 1/4 cup tart dried cherries
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 lb (5-6 medium) cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy OR water
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Mix apples, cherries and brandy in large bowl; set aside.
- Stir together butter and brown sugar. Spread evenly in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. Place apples and cherries on top of butter mixture.
- Combine baking mix, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl until blended. Stir in buttermilk with a fork until all ingredients are moistened.
- Drop batter by tablespoons over fruit. Bake for 20 minutes, until top is golden.
- Remove dish from oven and cool 2 minutes. Invert onto serving plate, if desired. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- RECIPE NOTE: Varieties of apples that can be used include: Jonathan,
Granny Smith, Ida Red or any tart cooking apple.