Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Candied sweet potatoes with a bourbon twist!
- 3 lb sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/3 cup bourbon OR orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Warm sugar, butter, bourbon, cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan. Slice potatoes 1-inch thick and place in a large mixing bowl. Pour half of the butter bourbon mixture over potatoes, stir until well coated.
- Place potatoes in a sprayed 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes; remove pan from the oven and pour remaining sauce over top. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through (fork tender).
- Recipe Note: Grand Marnier can be substituted for bourbon