Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf
Chocolate chips add a special touch to this moist banana bread.
- 1/2 cup corn syrup, light
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs, corn syrup, oil and brown sugar in a large bowl. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture, just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5-inch OR 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes if using larger (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan OR 60 to 65 minutes if using smaller loaf pan until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
BANANA BREAD WITH DATES VARIATION: Substitute 1 cup chopped dates for the chocolate chips.