Mocha Macaroon Clouds
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 48 cookies
- Light, delicate cookies - just the right dessert after a heavy meal!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar with electric mixer on high until soft peaks form. Mix sugar, coffee and cocoa powder together in a small bowl. Add sugar mixture to eggs 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or drop by tablespoonful 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until firm. Cool on wire rack. Drizzle with melted chocolate.