Citrus Roasted Turkey
- Cook Time: 3 Hours, 40 Minutes
- Yield: 18 servings
- Give that traditional Thanksgiving bird a citrus twist!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp rosemary, crushed
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- 10 lb fresh OR frozen turkey thawed
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the orange, lemons and lime in half. Squeeze 1/2 the orange, 1 lemon and 1/2 lime into a small bowl; save remaining fruit. Add melted butter, rosemary, poultry seasoning and salt to juice. Rub mixture under turkey skin and pour into cavities and over top of turkey. Stuff with fruit and place turkey in a roasting pan.
- Bake covered for 3 hours or until internal temperature of thigh is 150ºF. Remove cover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until turkey reaches 180ºF.
To make gravy, pour drippings into a large saucepan. Add cornstarch (about 1/4 cup), and heat over medium heat, stirring continuously until thickened.