Skip to content
Chiles Rellenos Casserole Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Perfect for breakfast or dinner, the flavors of classic chiles rellenos are all here in this quick main dish!
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
- 4 cup (16 ounces) shredded colby Jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup baking mix OR pancake mix
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin seed, ground
- 1/4 tsp pepper, cayenne
- 1 tsp Oregano Leaf
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- Salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt butter in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange chilies evenly on melted butter. Cover with cheese. Combine eggs, milk, baking mix and spices in a mixing bowl; pour over cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let cool slightly, about 3 to 5 minutes, before cutting into squares. Serve with salsa, if desired.