Candied Pretzel Trail Mix
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Yield: 7 cups
- Bet you can't eat just one handful!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 cup mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup corn syrup, light
- OR corn syrup, dark
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, cherries, cranberries, etc.)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cup crispy corn and rice cereal squares
- 2 cup nuts (whole almonds, pecan halves, etc.)
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Blend pretzels, cereal, nuts and dried fruit in large bowl. Set aside. Spray a large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes WITHOUT STIRRING. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour syrup mixture over pretzel mix, stirring to coat evenly. Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and thinly spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.