- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
This tasty dip would make a great a great burrito or enchilada filling.
- 1/3 cup minced fresh onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp Oregano Leaf
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips
- Optional garnishes: green onions, cilantro, black olives OR sour cream
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cooking until no pink remains in beef. Drain any excess fat.
- Add refried beans, salsa, chili powder and oregano. Stir until well mixed. Continue to cook for 5 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and top with desired garnishes. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.