- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
This tasty breakfast dish won rave reviews in our Test Kitchen! Mix it up ahead and refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking. Or bake ahead and refrigerate, then cover with foil and reheat for 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 carton (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup fresh OR frozen blueberries
- 3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine raisins, cranberries, apple juice and 1 tablespoon vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine applesauce, yogurt, milk, eggs and oil in a large bowl. Whisk until well mixed. Whisk in cinnamon, salt and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Add oats, apples, blueberries and raisin mixture. Mix well. Pour into greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until oatmeal is solid in the center.
- Serve with milk and additional sugar, if desired.
- Variation: For extra flavor, try toasting the oats. Place on a shallow tray and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.